Wednesday, January 28, 2009

i don't want to be a footnote in someone else's happiness;

number of days spent at the gym: 5
number of Dr. Pepper's consumed: 3
number of books read so far in 2009: 4
number of days spent in school: 6

I remember now what it's like to take a full load of units in a semester. Sleep deprived, scores of pages of reading, and let's not forget the actual work that goes along with it all. I'm exhausted and don't have work till 7 (another 7 to closing shift. I'M MISSING LOST HERE, FOLKS!). I still have two acts to read for A Winter's Tale, a brief review (as in, a glance at the reading) of the Early Renaissance for humanities, two short stories to read for English Writing and 3 outlines to write up, and then reading of the Bhagavad-Gita for World Religions -- all due tomorrow. And it's only the second week! I haven't even mentioned French yet. Zut alors!

I've been committed to the gym, which is always a plus. Too bad I haven't committed to my healthier eating plan yet. . . . It's only been a week (5 hours of cardio, 3 hours of weights total so far), and 3 pilates classes (one hour each). My body doesn't ache at all today after my hour of cardio/weights and hour of pilates. That's gotta be an improvement of some kind. I also made the tres grave mistake of weighing myself. I weigh 5 more pounds than I thought. I must embrace those healthier eating habits. I must! I only have 7 months left to reach my goal for August.

Oh, and in this never ending week of work, reading, exhaustion, and sore muscles: My ex is in my Intro to Shakespeare class, my cousin likes to randomly pop out of nowhere and talk about himself, and I already miss going out for sushi with friends. But I suppose it could be worse.

No comments: