Sunday, March 1, 2009

it doesn't matter because I am packing plastic, and that's what makes my life so fucking fantastic;

Oh, how I missed blogging. Kinda.

My laptop has been extremely slow on loading everything IE related, and a savings account for a new laptop/paying off my credit card has been started to buy a new one. It's ridiculous. My laptop was never the best thing, but it's reached an offical all time low.

In other news, I probably had one of the crappiest weeks. Wednesadya my car battery died, leaving me stranded at Ride Aid for half an hour with my mother, which was not a beautiful experience. Since when did my mother get so "zen" about everything? What the hell was up with all the comments about just going with the flow and that bad things happen all the time? Why couldn't she just let me be negative and get it out? Damn. So we got rescued by A, who dropped us off and a few hours my mom and I went back to my car hoping that it just overheated and was fine now. Of course it wasn't. I had been telling my mom that my car needed work done on it, that it was acting up and sometimes driving funny (translation: I didn't feel safe driving it). She didn't listen, saying that it was fine, I was iomaginging things, yadda yadda. Guess what? The next time someone says their car is acting up and they drive it several times a day you should trust them and have it checked out. Lesson learned.

And what's really ridiculous about this entire situation is that when my laptop died a couple of weeks ago, I had this nagging little voice in the back of my mind saying that bad things come in packs of three and that the next thing to go would be my car. Yeah. I jinxed myself.

It would have been a simple fix, just call AAA and get my car jumped and/or towed, right? Apparently my mom hadn't payed the bill yet. So while I'm freaking out thinking I'm going to be without a car for quite some time, my mom is just shrugging it off as an accident. Of course, it isn't her car. Once I told her she woild be the one driving me out to school on Mondays and Wednesdays AND picking me up AND toting me to and from work, it became of the utmost importance to get my car fixed. Yeah. That's what I thought.

So that was my negative Wednesday. I had switched schedules that day with someone earlier in the week so it didn't effect work at all. I had planned to work on my three papers due the following day, and I eventually did. At 8 o'clock. While rewatching last week's episode of LOST. I managed to write 5 and half okay pages on Hinduism for World Religions, and then wrote two pages about the character of Orsino from Twlefth Night for Shakespeare and two pages on Caravaggio's The Conversion of St. Paul. I was quite proud of myself for my Caravaggio paper until I got to class the next day to hand it in and find out that the majority of the class had chosen the same Baroque painting to analyze as well. I felt brilliant about my Hinduism paper, though, considering that some people had only written 3 or 4 pages and had been up all night writing it while I had outlined mine and had it written in just two hours. Paper power!

I've been watching The Office on DVD for the last week. Why has no one ever told me about this show until now? It's hilarious. Every episode makes me laugh and reminds me that not all TV shows eventually go down the drain like LOST has. What is up with that show lately? Anyone know? Do the writers even know anymore?

I went last night to see Slumdog Millionaire with A and R (I just realized I have two A's: a male and a female. Dang. Af and Am maybe?). I really liked it, and I can see why it would be nominated for so much. What I didn't get was why it actually won all the Oscars it did. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie and thought it deserved the recognition, but I don't think it should have won all of the awards it was up for. Just like I don't think that of the two films she had come out last year, Kate Winslet should have gotten her Oscar for The Reader. I liked her performance and the film itself a lot more in Revolutionary Road. Just sayin'.

Oh. Yesterday I saw M. With his Lolita. I think he gets that I won't be forgiving him anytime ever.

Now I am off to attempt my French studies for my examen on Mercredi (Wednesday).

No comments: